12 Reasons to Install an Indoor Basketball Court in Your Community
Indoor athletic spaces do more than create a community recreation space
As a public or private residential community, you have a responsibility to create safe facilities for your residents. When it comes time to plan for new flooring or renovating an existing athletic space, many request the advice of an experienced athletic sports complex builder like Dynamic Sports Construction, Inc. before starting any projects. Our experts will never tell you to undertake a project that is simply unaffordable or overambitious for your community. After all, your goal is to provide a community benefit that will be used and worth your investment.
We work with all types of facilities from places of worship and educational campuses to recreation centers. Almost every one of these has one thing in common: basketball courts.
When you contact our experts to schedule a consultation, we will assess your needs and ask about your court space. In many of these situations, resurfacing existing indoor courts for basketball, volleyball, and pickleball are usually the most affordable and impactful investment for the community. After all, indoor basketball courts are incredibly versatile for all ages and sports skill levels. Dynamic Sports Construction has exclusive basketball court flooring options to help keep your price points low and provide long-lasting surfaces for your community.
- DynaCourt® – This is a solid PVC court flooring system that is pre-manufactured and engineered for multi-purpose gym floors. It’s a dimensionally-stable floor system that offers great shock absorption and noise reduction that is necessary for indoor facilities.
- DynaForce® – This is our hybrid system that combines sheet and poured systems for greater tensile strength, safety, and flexibility for an indoor court. It’s entirely customizable to your facility’s needs and can help you earn six or more LEED points for green building certification.
Indoor Basketball Court Installations for Cold Climates
Most of the U.S. has temperamental winters with rain, snow, and otherwise bitter outdoor temperatures. An indoor basketball, volleyball, or pickleball court is a worthy investment for these areas because it provides an alternative for the community to stay active, even in the off-season.
- Combats the winter fatigue – because an indoor basketball court is a space that is easily convertible to play other sports, such as volleyball and pickleball, it gives everyone an option to exercise year-round.
- Continued momentum – The off-season is when most risk losing their progress, so an indoor court gives aspiring athletes the opportunity to develop better muscle memory through fitness training. When applicable, it also is a space to improve basketball skills and agility.
- Improved safety and less risk of injury – Practicing indoors during the colder months is safer than on outdoor courts. Athletes endure fewer slip and fall incidents where standing water, ice, and other outdoor weather elements are a risk.
Value of Complete Indoor Basketball Court Installation
Some may think it’s counterproductive to have both an outdoor and indoor court. This is not true! In fact, it’s complimentary to have an indoor basketball court on-site for more reasons than the colder season.
Because an indoor court is temperature-controlled, it provides more opportunities for all ages to stay active throughout the year. Older individuals may not be able to tolerate the heat or humidity common with the summer months. This makes an indoor space is more desirable to this demographic. Here are more not as obvious values of an indoor court:
- Investment in children and aspiring athletes
- Generates community interest and offers them convenience
- Provides improved neighborhood safety since most indoor facilities feature security systems for residents’ and children’s’ safety
- Encourages lifelong habits of sports and recreational exercise
- Easy court conversions for other sports – volleyball, inline hockey, pickleball, paddle tennis, shuffleboard, badminton, and more
Full-Body Workouts on Indoor Basketball Court Flooring
Participating in sports or other athletic activities are great for improving mobility and providing a healthy cardiac exercise. There are many types of sports that can be played on both indoor courts, and each work different sets of muscle groups for total-body toning. Here are the most common sports and the types of workouts people gain from participating on our indoor basketball courts:
- Soccer – Lower body, including quads, hamstrings, and calves, and the core; also encourages agility training
- Basketball – Upper body, lower body, and the core; also encourages agility training
- Tennis/badminton – Legs, core, and upper body
- Volleyball – Glutes, core, arms, and back
Updating or installing new basketball court flooring is a worthy investment for your community. The surfaces are versatile for all ages and can provide the most benefit for multi-purpose uses. If you’re ready to start a conversation with our experts about your next steps, ! Dynamic Sports Construction, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier basketball court builders and flooring installers and has been since 2004. We have the experience necessary to give your facility the boost it needs to generate community use, giving you a lasting return on investment.